Poseidon Xstream Octopus
Delivered with a 90 cm / 35,4 inch LP hose. May only be used with a 1st stage that has a built in over-pressure valve. Hose connection to the 2nd stage: 9/16
Did you know... Whilst some manufacturers market the Octopus as a cheaper product, a Poseidon Octopus is always of the same quality and materials as our regular second stages.
XSTREAM 2:ND STAGE
A number of features greatly improve safety and ease of use:
- If debris has degraded the function of the exhalation check-valve, it can easily be reached and corrected by just twisting off the diffuser. It is the only part which needs to be disassembled, and if it gets lost during the operation, the regulator will continue to function but must only be used for immediate ascent.
- In case of a malfunction in the 1st stage causing excessive intermediate pressure, the safety valve integrated in the1st stage will bleed off the excessive gas. This system both indicates to you that something is wrong so that you can take action, and because of the up-stream servo-valve technique, allows the regulator to continue to breath normally.(conventional downstream regulators are likely to free-flow in such a situation).
- Integrated surgical hose fixing points safely secures the regulator to the diver, but in an emergency allows a distressed buddy to retrieve the regulator without undue stress to the diver.
- The dead air space is low at just 49.5 ml (3 in3) making CO2 figures (hypercapnia) minimal. Inhalation resistance is incredibly low and unaffected by depth and breathing pattern.
- Because of the unique Poseidon valve technology, there is no need for external adjustments.
- Xstream is fitted with the new ergonomic mouthpiece Poseidon AIR, with asymmetrical lugs for the most comfortable bite.
- All diaphragms are protected so that a strong current or using a scooter or tug does not affect either inhalation or exhalation.
- A minimal number of moving parts, coupled with thermodynamic engineering, ensures the safe use in an extremely cold environment.
Poseidon was first to introduce the single hose regulator and have been manufacturing high-quality regulators for the last 48 years. We have learned to trust our quality and have decided to convey that confidence to our customers!
Regardless of when you purchased your Poseidon regulator, you simply enter our life-time warranty program by servicing your regulator at one of our Authorized Poseidon Service Centers. We guarantee that a Poseidon regulator purchased will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal scuba use. The Poseidon regulator product warranty is limited to 2 years from the date of your purchase of the Product (”Warranty period”) and extended by an additional 2 years every time your Authorized Poseidon Service Center register a service of your regulator. Warranty claims are only accepted if you register your regulator on our website and return the product to us or to an Authorized Poseidon Service Center.
How to submit warranty claims under the Poseidon Lifetime Warranty program
Warranty claims have to be submitted to an Authorized Poseidon Service Center for inspection. If the product qualifies for warranty and proves to be defective for any reason (other then those listed in the limitations section below), Poseidon will repair or replace the Product at its own discretion at no charge. Poseidon reserves the right to replace the claimed Product with a Product of similar function and value in case the Product is no longer available.
Defects not covered by the Poseidon Lifetime Warranty Program
Only defects or damages resulting from a failure in material or workmanship are covered by the Poseidon Life-time Regulator Warranty Program.