Spare Air Travel Pack
Traveling with SPARE AIR? You need the SPARE AIR Travel Pack to keep your unit protected and clean during traveling!
- Protective cap for regulator threads.
- Protective cap for cylinder threads.
- 3 extra tank o-rings.
- Durable plastic reusable pouch for all.
Flying: The war on terrorism has created greater travel restrictions. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA):
How to Fly with Spare Air
When carrying SPARE AIR on a commercial aircraft, the system must be empty and according to TSA regulations, the regulator must be unscrewed from the cylinder so they can be sure that it is empty.
- To empty all the air out of the SPARE AIR press the Purge Button until no more air is released. Unscrew the regulator from the cylinder counter-clockwise (no special tools are needed – it is screwed on hand tight).
- If the regulator does not unscrew easily DO NOT force it or use tools, instead soak the entire SPARE AIR in a 1-1 vinegar & water solution overnight to loosen any salt corrosion. Leave o-ring, washer and exhaust discs on the regulator.
- Place the regulator and cylinder in a Ziploc plastic bag to protect and keep them clean. (Option - purchase the "SPARE AIR Travel Pack" which includes its own carrying bag - see below.) Keep SPARE AIR regulator and cylinder threads clean and dry. Include SPARE AIR Owners Manual so TSA employees can refer to it if they have questions.
- Pack SPARE AIR in your checked or carry-on baggage.
- Reattach the regulator and cylinder and refill SPARE AIR when you reach your dive destination. You may lightly lubricate the tank o-ring with a small amount of silicone spray or grease - NEVER use a hydrocarbon based oil. DO NOT force regulator onto tank - if you feel resistance stop and unscrew and start again.
- Replace tank o-ring after product has been disassembled and reassembled 3 times, or o-ring shows signs of wear or air leakage. Tank O-ring size is 016 and you should be able to purchase from any dive shop.