Poseidon Xstream Deep Regulator is the regulator of choice for any demanding divers that dive with air or trimix with a maximum of 21% oxygen. New Poseidon Xstream Regulators come with an OPV (over pressurization valve) in the 1st stage, and use a standard LP hose with an adapter on the 2nd stage. Excellent choice for rebreathers.
- Outstanding performance
- Certified to 200 meters / 656 ft!
- Product: 0100-000
Will give you enough air regardless of depth.
The obvious choice for tech divers.
Small, light and loaded with high tech. No up or down, side exhaust and can handle all conditions.
Excellent cold water regulator, perfect for PSD divers.
Trimix and air
5 LP and 2 HP-ports
Low WOB - Servo assisted
Certified to 200 m / 656 ft
Delivered with a 70 cm hose
XSTREAM 1ST STAGE
- The first stage is a balanced rolling diaphragm ball valve producing extreme leak tightness. Conventional designs are sensitive to wear, misalignment, and manufacturing precision. A ball always finds its correct place.
- Combined with the 2nd stage, the enormous capacity of the 1st stage make the regulator meet the EN 250 breathing performance requirements even at as low as 16 bar (232psi) cylinder pressure. This means that you gain an extra 34 bar (493 psi) of gas compared to most other regulators!
- The Xstream construction requires less o-rings than any other regulator. Except for sealing the blind screws (3-4), there is just 1 sealing o-ring (semi-static) in the bottom mounted versions and 2 in the side mounted.
- The hose routing is developed to be optimized for a redundant system, using two regulators. The HP ports are positioned to accommodate the use of gas monitoring computers e.g. first stage mounted HP sender/receive units
XSTREAM 2ND STAGE
A number of features greatly improve safety and ease of use:
- If debris has degraded the function of the exhalation check-valve, it can easily be reached and corrected by just twisting off the diffuser. It is the only part which needs to be disassembled, and if it gets lost during the operation, the regulator will continue to function but must only be used for immediate ascent.
- In case of a malfunction in the 1st stage causing excessive intermediate pressure, the safety valve integrated in the1st stage will bleed off the excessive gas. This system both indicates to you that something is wrong so that you can take action, and because of the up-stream servo-valve technique, allows the regulator to continue to breath normally.(conventional downstream regulators are likely to free-flow in such a situation).
- Integrated surgical hose fixing points safely secures the regulator to the diver, but in an emergency allows a distressed buddy to retrieve the regulator without undue stress to the diver.
- The dead air space is low at just 49.5 ml (3 in3) making CO2 figures (hypercapnia) minimal. Inhalation resistance is incredibly low and unaffected by depth and breathing pattern.
- Because of the unique Poseidon valve technology, there is no need for external adjustments.
- Xstream is fitted with the new ergonomic mouthpiece Poseidon AIR, with asymmetrical lugs for the most comfortable bite.
- All diaphragms are protected so that a strong current or using a scooter or tug does not affect either inhalation or exhalation.
- A minimal number of moving parts, coupled with thermodynamic engineering, ensures the safe use in an extremely cold environment.
- Xstream has a built-in Poseidon T.D.A, ThermoDynamic Anti-freeze, which requires no maintenance. It is always there, doing the job. It is thermodynamically protecting the parts which must not freeze.
- It is identified by the large slots in the cover, allowing the heat energy of the water to re
IP (bar/psi): 8,5 / 123
Trimix: Yes (max 21% oxygen)
Nitrox 50% No
Oxygen (99,95%): No
Working pressure 300bar: Yes
Built in anti freeze prot.: Yes
US Navy tested: Yes
Oxygen Approved (EN738-1): Nej
NORSOK approved: Yes
EN250 approved (cold water): Yes
CE Cold water approved: Yes
2nd stage Xstream Deep Mk3
Weight (g/lb) 152/0.33
Volume (ml/cuin) 49,5/3.0
Valve technology Upstream
Flowrate (l/cuft per min) 2150/76
Oxygen cleaned No
Servo assisted valve Yes
Overpressure valve built in to the LP hose No
Dis-mountable w/o tools Yes
Push button on side Yes
Non keyed (no up or down) Yes
Xstream Deep first stage
Technology: Roll diaphragm
Valve technology: Spheric
Wheel mounted: Side
LP ports 3/8: 5
HP port 7/16: 2
Flow rate (l/min): 5500
O2 clean: No
DIN G5/8: Yes
EN144-3 compatible: No
Separate yoke: Accessory
Zytel HP seat: Yes
Built in overpressure valve: Yes
Anti-freeze protected: Yes
Xstream Deep Mk3