Poseidon Regulator Xstream Duration 90
Xstream Duration 90 is approved for diving with pure oxygen (99,95%) and that makes the regulator suitable for usage as a deco regulator. But it can also be used for diving with Trimix and Nitrox. Top of the line regulator for tech divers and public safety divers!
The Duration comes standard with no hose, so that divers can choose what hose they prefer. For a Poseidon 02 ready hose we have the following hose options:
Poseidon Regulator Xstream Duration 90
- Five low pressure ports
- Two high pressure ports
- Built-in anti-freeze protection
- Built-in over-pressure valve
XSTREAM 1ST STAGE
- The first stage is a balanced rolling diaphragm ball valve producing extreme leak tightness. Conventional designs are sensitive to wear, misalignment, and manufacturing precision. A ball always finds its correct place.
- Combined with the 2nd stage, the enormous capacity of the 1st stage make the regulator meet the EN 250 breathing performance requirements even at as low as 16 bar (232psi) cylinder pressure. This means that you gain an extra 34 bar (493 psi) of gas compared to most other regulators!
- The Xstream construction requires less o-rings than any other regulator. Except for sealing the blind screws (3-4), there is just 1 sealing o-ring (semi-static) in the bottom mounted versions and 2 in the side mounted.
- The hose routing is developed to be optimized for a redundant system, using two regulators. The HP ports are positioned to accommodate the use of gas monitoring computers e.g. first stage mounted HP sender/receive units
XSTREAM 2ND STAGE
A number of features greatly improve safety and ease of use:
- If debris has degraded the function of the exhalation checkvalve, it can easily be reached and corrected by just twisting off the diffuser. It is the only part which needs to be disassembled, and if it gets lost during the operation, the regulator will continue to function but must only be used for immediate ascent.
- In case of a malfunction in the 1st stage causing excessive intermediate pressure, the safety valve integrated in the1st stage will bleed off the excessive gas. This system both indicates to you that something is wrong so that you can take action, and because of the up-stream servo-valve technique, allows the regulator to continue to breath normally.(conventional downstream regulators are likely to free-flow in such a situation).
- Integrated surgical hose fixing points safely secures the regulator to the diver, but in an emergency allows a distressed buddy to retrieve the regulator without undue stress to the diver.
- The dead air space is low at just 49.5 ml (3 in3) making CO2 figures (hypercapnia) minimal. Inhalation resistance is incredibly low and unaffected by depth and breathing pattern.
- Because of the unique Poseidon valve technology, there is no need for external adjustments.
- Xstream is fitted with the new ergonomic mouthpiece Poseidon AIR, with asymmetrical lugs for the most comfortable bite.
- All diaphragms are protected so that a strong current or using a scooter or tug does not affect either inhalation or exhalation.
- A minimal number of moving parts, coupled with thermodynamic engineering, ensures the safe use in an extremely cold environment.
- Xstream has a built-in Poseidon T.D.A, ThermoDynamic Anti-freeze, which requires no maintenance. It is always there, doing the job. It is thermodynamically protecting the parts which must not freeze.
- It is identified by the large slots in the cover, allowing the heat energy of the water to reach the spring. The cold from the inside is consequently insulated from the spring, via an insulation barrier and insulating diaphragm. It is constructed without compromise to any detail to prevent cold reaching the sensitive area.
- Using Poseidon T.D.A, a regulator can free-flow air in fresh water of 0ºC (32ºF) for at least 10 minutes and afterwards still be completely unaffected
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON POSEIDON REGULATORS.
Poseidon was first to introduce the single hose regulator and have been manufacturing high-quality regulators for the last 48 years. We have learned to trust our quality and have decided to convey that confidence to our customers!
Regardless of when you purchased your Poseidon regulator, you simply enter our life-time warranty program by servicing your regulator at one of our Authorized Poseidon Service Centers. We guarantee that a Poseidon regulator purchased will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal scuba use. The Poseidon regulator product warranty is limited to 2 years from the date of your purchase of the Product (”Warranty period”) and extended by an additional 2 years every time your Authorized Poseidon Service Center register a service of your regulator. Warranty claims are only accepted if you register your regulator on our website and return the product to us or to an Authorized Poseidon Service Center.
How to submit warranty claims under the Poseidon Lifetime Warranty program
Warranty claims have to be submitted to an Authorized Poseidon Service Center for inspection. If the product qualifies for warranty and proves to be defective for any reason (other then those listed in the limitations section below), Poseidon will repair or replace the Product at its own discretion at no charge. Poseidon reserves the right to replace the claimed Product with a Product of similar function and value in case the Product is no longer available.
Defects not covered by the Poseidon Lifetime Warranty Program
Only defects or damages resulting from a failure in material or workmanship are covered by the Poseidon Life-time Regulator Warranty Program.