Halcyon 4.5ft BIG Closed Circuit Diver Alert Marker
Halcyon Diver Alert Markers enhance diving safety by providing maximum visibility and redundant flotation. The peace of mind that comes from proper preparation is second only to the practical support offered by Halcyon Diver Alert Markers during a separation from the dive team or surface vessel. Halcyon Alert Markers are available in yellow or orange for divers who wish to carry one color to mark position and another to designate emergency situations.
Halcyon offers a variety of Lift Devices and Surface Markers, allowing divers to select the best option for their particular environment. Divers in calm conditions and/or on shallow dives often choose a small Halcyon surface marker so the boat can easily identify their position.
In rough or unpredictable seas divers may carry a slightly larger inflatable, which increases visibility. Open bottom SMBs are very simple designs with a low profile (because they do not need an OPV valve installed); however, these designs are slightly more prone to tipping, which can induce a loss of gas while at the surface. Closed-circuit bags eliminate the risk of gas loss at the surface and provide optional surface floatation but must be filled with a low pressure inflator hose.
- Easily inflated at depth
- Diver’s Alert Markers use an integrated over pressure-relief valve, allowing them to be deployed from depth
- When deflated, all markers fit in a Halcyon thigh pocket or backplate MC Storage Pak
- Big and Super Big Alert Markers are marked with Coast Guard approved SOLAS reflective tape
- Halcyon Diver Alert Markers (except semi-closed model) feature our No-Lock® connector for oral inflate or LP hose connection
- Halcyon offers several Diver Alert Markers in your choice of yellow, shocking pink or orange. These combinations support divers that wish to carry one color to mark position and one to mark emergencies.