Aquaseal FD | Flexible Durable Repair Adhesive
With Aquaseal FD, a flexible durable repair adhesive by GEAR AID, you can easily repair tears and rips in your favorite waders, wetsuit and inflatables. Aquaseal FD is a clear, waterproof adhesive and sealant, specially formulated for the flexibility, adhesion and abrasion protection you need to keep you going.
Don’t let a rip or a tear stop you. Aquaseal FD will patch that hole in your wetsuit, raft, fix the gash in your fishing waders and make sure you stay dry.
Aquaseal FD is all you need to keep your gear going as long as you do.
- Flexible urethane repair adhesive and seam sealer
- Industry standard for maximum strength gear repairs
- Safe on natural and synthetic fabrics including GORE-TEX®, neoprene, rubber and more
- Permanently repair rips, tears, holes in outdoor gear
- Specifically formulated to offer superior flexibility as well as excellent adhesion, waterproofing and abrasion resistance with minimal shrinkage
- Washable and unaffected by extreme heat or cold
- Dries Clear
- 3/4 oz. tube seals seams about 144" (1/4" wide bead)
- With Cotol-240 combo, 3/4 oz tube seal seams about 288"
- 8-12 hour cure time - only 2 hours when used with Cotol-240™ Cure Accelerator
- Aquaseal cures by reacting to the humidity in the air
When cured (dry) Aquaseal is a thick, clear, elastic urethane rubber.
How it works? –
Aquaseal is applied to a hole or tear and allowed to cure over a period of hours (usually 8-12).
When applied, Aquaseal cures by reacting with humidity in the air. It doesn’t ‘dry’ the way other glues do. It changes from a thick liquid to a thick, flexible, elastic rubber.
Once cured, it’s permanent. The repair will generally last the life of the item.
Clean damaged area with Cotol-240™ Cure Accelerator/Precleaner or solvent (paint thinner, nail polish remover or similar).
Trim loose threads. Non-fabric surfaces should be roughened with sandpaper, then cleaned. Apply Aquaseal® to surfaces directly from tube or with knife or flat stick. Keep repair level overnight. Avoid contact with other surfaces.
Most repairs reach full strength overnight (10-14 hours). Allow longer for thickest repairs. For fastest cure (2 hours or less), mix in Cotol-240.
HOLES AND TEARS: Create backing with removable tape. Fill void and 1/4" beyond edge with Aquaseal. Remove tape after full cure.
SEAMS: Apply 1/16" thick bead overlapping seams edges by at least 1/4". Apply with slight pressure to saturate fabric surfaces.
HIGH WEAR AREAS: Apply thin coat with knife for flexible abrasion resistance.
WARNING: FULLY CURED AQUASEAL IS SLIPPERY WHEN WET. For added traction on footwear, sprinkle sand on uncured Aquaseal 1/2 hour after applying.
CLEAN UP: To remove Aquaseal from hands, buff with cloth soaked in paint thinner, nail polish remover or 99% isopropyl alcohol.
STORAGE: Advance contents to tube neck. Wipe clean and cap. Keep in cool, dry place; for extended life, place in freezer. To thaw or for easier-flowing contents, soak tube in warm water for 15 minutes.