Spare Air Travel Pack
963Regular price $25.00 Save $-25.00
Spare Air Travel Pack
Traveling on a commercial airline? Use the Travel Pack to comply with TSA security regulations and keep your unit protected and clean! Fits cylinder sizes: 1.1, 1.7 & 3 cu.ft. (for 6 cu.ft. see item #966)
- Protective cap for regulator threads
- Protective cap for cylinder threads
- 3 extra tank o-rings
- ¼ oz container of silicone grease
- Durable plastic carrying bag to hold all items
"A compressed gas cylinder is allowed in carry-on or checked baggage ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed (i.e. the cylinder has an open end). The cylinder must have an opening to allow for a visual inspection inside. TSA Security Screeners will NOT remove the seal/regulator valve from the cylinder at the checkpoint. If the cylinder is sealed (i.e. the regulator valve is still attached), the cylinder is prohibited and not permitted through the security checkpoint, regardless of the reading on the pressure gauge indicator. TSA Security Screeners must visibly ensure that the cylinder is completely empty and that there are no prohibited items inside."
How to Fly with Spare Air
When carrying SPARE AIR on a commercial aircraft, the system must be empty and according to TSA regulations, the regulator must be unscrewed from the cylinder so they can be sure that it is empty.
- To empty all the air out of the SPARE AIR press the Purge Button until no more air is released. Unscrew the regulator from the cylinder counter-clockwise (no special tools are needed – it is screwed on hand tight).
- If the regulator does not unscrew easily DO NOT force it or use tools, instead soak the entire SPARE AIR in a 1-1 vinegar & water solution overnight to loosen any salt corrosion. Leave o-ring, washer and exhaust discs on the regulator.
- Place the regulator and cylinder in a Ziploc plastic bag to protect and keep them clean. (Option - purchase the "SPARE AIR Travel Pack" which includes its own carrying bag - see below.) Keep SPARE AIR regulator and cylinder threads clean and dry. Include SPARE AIR Owners Manual so TSA employees can refer to it if they have questions.
- Pack SPARE AIR in your checked or carry-on baggage.
- Reattach the regulator and cylinder and refill SPARE AIR when you reach your dive destination. You may lightly lubricate the tank o-ring with a small amount of silicone spray or grease - NEVER use a hydrocarbon based oil. DO NOT force regulator onto tank - if you feel resistance stop and unscrew and start again.
- Replace tank o-ring after product has been disassembled and reassembled 3 times, or o-ring shows signs of wear or air leakage. Tank O-ring size is 016 and you should be able to purchase from any dive shop.