Halcyon Infinity BCD
10.511.330Regular price $935.00 Save $-935.00
Halcyon Infinity BCD
The Halcyon Infinity is not your typical buoyancy compensator. In fact, it establishes a new standard in single-tank diving, offering the unparalleled performance of a back mounted harness and the easy adjustability of a jacket BC. The heart of the Infinity BC is Halcyon’s Cinch Quick-adjust harness (patent pending). The Cinch harness is also available for double tanks and as an upgrade to existing Halcyon diving systems.
The Cinch Quick-adjust provides rapid adjustment of the diving harness, allowing an unprecedented fit and easy equipment removal. The Infinity also features Halcyon’s new deluxe Harness Pads, providing the ultimate in diving comfort and convenience.
The Infinity BC features Halcyon’s immensely popular Eclipse wing; the long, narrow profile supports a diver’s tank along his or her entire length, preventing unnecessary drag and minimizing in-water effort.
Is the Halcyon BC System appropriate for recreational open-water diving?
Halcyon is one of the world’s most established technical diving brands. However, it is a little-known fact that the majority of Halcyon owners are recreational divers. The Halcyon BC is less cluttered and less restrictive than jacket-style BCs while providing a perfectly tailored fit. This system also creates far less drag in the water and is more stable than conventional jacket-style BCs. These factors reduce diving effort while increasing efficiency and diving fun.
Key Components of the Infinity BC System
- Cinch Quick-adjust infinitely adjustable with a simple push or pull of the webbing
- Eclipse Buoyancy Compensator (wing); available in either 30- or 40-lb. (14- or 18-kg) lift capacity
- Choice of Aluminum or Stainless Steel Backplate; standard or small size
- ACB10 weight pockets
- Halcyon Deluxe Harness Pads featuring a Storage Pak for convenient stowage of lift devices
- Stainless steel Single-Tank Adapter (STA) with two cam straps; accommodates a weighted 6 lb insert
- Secure, continuous webbing provides a custom fit; eliminates unwanted tank movement
- Pre-bent shoulder D-rings facilitate quick storage of accessories from Scout lights to stage bottles
- Complete adjustability of D-rings eliminates inappropriate attachment points.
- EPDM elastic bands help secure accessories
- SS waist buckle
- Adjustable crotch strap enhances stability, nearly eliminating unwanted tank movement.
As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available. Small details like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile our precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon. Each Halcyon backplate is cut from the highest quality stainless steel and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge; this detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors’ plates. Machine polishing is augmented by individual handwork, perfecting both form and function.
- Constructed from high-grade, polished Stainless Steel or hard-coat Aluminum
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Available in two sizes, both are compatible with any Halcyon BC component
- Standard: 6-lb. (2.7kg) Stainless Steel or lighter weight 2-lb. (.9kg) Aluminum
- Standard-size plates are 15.5” X 10.25” (39.3cm x 26cm)
- Small: 5-lb. (2.26kg) Stainless Steel or 1.8 lb. Aluminum
- Small plate measure 14” x 9.25” (35.5 cm x 23.5cm)
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices as well as the small Halcyon dry suit inflation kit
*Please call us for help in deciding which wing / plate is best for you.
The Halcyon backplate pocket is the most efficient means to store any of the various Halcyon inflatable markers with ease. Stowing your favorite lift device in a Halcyon Storage Pak provides a hassle-free storage place without compromising the ability for rapid deployment. The Pak bolts directly onto your backplate and the downward-facing pocket can even be used to stow the 6-ft. long Diver’s Life Raft.